Terms & Conditions (the dreaded small-print)
* The purchase of products from this web site is governed by the following terms and conditions;
* By accessing the website you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
* This website and business is owned by David Stephens (trading as David Stephens Glass Art) at; 12 Bede Haven Close, Bude, Cornwall EX238QF.
* I reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on this site as necessary.
* I can accept no responsibility for any information, practices or products of other parties linked to this web site. Any trademarks, company names, logos or product names which may appear on this website from time to time are the property of their respective owners.
* All text, graphics, photographs and content on this site are the copyright of David Stephens and any reproduction without written consent is a breach that may result in legal action. My rights in the designs and content are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. The sale or re-sale of any item of fused glass work created by David Stephens does NOT include any intellectual property rights relating to it. The reproduction of purchased artwork, including photographs is not permitted.
* The photographs used on this website are of my own products and are a best attempt, along with the written description, to illustrate each item accurately. Fused glass is notoriously difficult to photograph so please be aware that the colours of actual products may differ slightly from the on-screen colours as screen settings vary from computer to computer. I cannot guarantee that the item will look exactly as illustrated but I will endeavour to make the image on the website a true representation.
* The glass I make is hand cut and handcrafted. As such these products may contain imperfections. All glass is annealed for durability but it is still glass and should be treated as such. Small bubbles are a feature of hand-made glass and are not a fault.
Sale of Products;
* By placing an order with me you offer to buy the goods at the prices indicated including any delivery charges that apply to your purchase. An order is deemed to be an offer by the customer to purchase items on this website. I may choose not to accept an order for any reason.
* Specially commissioned / bespoke / items will incur a 50% deposit to cover the cost of the glass before I start to make the item and the balance, on completion, before delivery or collection. I can not offer refunds for personalised or custom-made items, please ensure at the time of ordering that all of the information you provide is accurate and correct.
* The cooling off period (of 14 days) and the right to cancel do not cover contracts for goods made to your specification (custom-made) unless they arrive faulty or not to description.
* You will be notified by email after you submit your order. This confirmation is not an acceptance of the order nor is it a confirmation of our offer to sell. As the confirmation is sent to you automatically by the website it is possible that an error may have been made of which I am not aware despite my best efforts. Because of this, I retain the right to cancel the order. Customers are entitled to confirmation of the contract and it is provided at the point of confirmation.
* Your order becomes binding as soon as I have accepted same, subject to your rights of cancellation. My acceptance of your order is conditional on the availability of the products you have ordered. If any of the products you have ordered are unavailable, or should events occur beyond my reasonable control, I reserve the right to cancel your order. In such circumstances I shall let you know as soon as possible - you may like an alternative product instead?
Price & Payment;
* Payment of any order is required before it is dispatched. Unless otherwise agreed between the customer and David Stephens Glass Art. The price for the products shall be the price advertised on the website as published on the date of the order.
* The Consumer Rights Act 2015, states the retailer is responsible for the goods condition until they are received by the consumer, or by someone they have nominated to receive them on their behalf.
* Payments will normally be made online by PayPal. (You do not need a PayPal account to make a payment). I may also accept payment by bank transfer, please contact me for details. You must ensure that your personal details, including the address for delivery, are complete and accurate.
* David Stephens Glass Art reserves the right to alter or withdraw products described on this website at any time. I will endeavour that all orders are met. I cannot, however, guarantee the availability of any product at any time. You acknowledge that sometimes products may be withdrawn or discontinued. I shall make every effort to update the website at all times.
* For delivery in the UK goods will normally be dispatched within 2-4 working days of receipt of the order and payment and will always deliver within the statutory period of 30 days unless a longer period has been agreed in writing. Delivery costs are clearly displayed before finalising your order. Delivery of the products shall take place at the delivery address entered on your order.
* If goods are received faulty or don’t match the description given, under the Consumer Rights Act you have the same rights to return them with distance sales as in a store. Tailor-made or personalised items are exempt from these rights.
* All UK parcels are sent out via Royal Mail First class delivery or Royal Mail Parcelforce. If you wish to discuss alternative postal methods (including insured delivery) please contact me through the website contact form.
* International orders may attract additional fees, depending on location, so please email me so that I can provide an accurate price for you before placing your order. Once dispatched I am not responsible for any delays caused during delivery via Royal Mail, customs etc. as this is entirely out of my control.
Import Taxes and Duty;
* VAT is not charged on any of the products sold by David Stephens Glass Art.
* The buyer is liable for any and all duty, tax and other charges as may arise on international purchases.
Cancellation & Returns Policy;
* David Stephens Glass Art abides by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, which apply to all purchases made at a distance. In the event that any order is incorrect, or if there is a problem with the goods, the customer must notify us in writing within 7 (seven) working days after delivery.
* We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights. If we made a mistake or if the product is faulty or damaged, the product shall be returned to us at our cost (first class or first class recorded). Please obtain a free proof of posting from the Post Office and please ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage. We will send a replacement at our own cost.
* If you are not completely happy with any item purchased from this site you may return it in perfect condition and provided that it has been returned within 14 working days and in a satisfactory and re-saleable condition you will then be entitled to a complete refund of the purchase price. Postal charges are not refunded. The right to cancel an order starts the moment a customer places their order and ends 14 days from the day they receive it or, if multiple goods, 14 days runs from when the final instalment is received.
* No refund will be issued for a missing return package therefore, when returning the items, please obtain a free proof of posting from the Post Office and please ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
* If a refund is due this will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the returned goods, to the cost of the goods being returned. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, you will charged for the reduction in resale value.
* Please ensure correct postage is paid - we will not pay the fee to obtain a package returned without correct postage. If you fail to return the goods, or send them at my expense, I will charge you any direct costs of the returned item and its postage.
* These Terms do not affect your legal rights, for example, if goods are faulty or mis-described.
* These terms apply to your current order. I may change the Terms and Conditions at any time. Please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.
Law & Jurisdiction;
* Contacts of sale between David Stephens Glass Art and the customer shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.